Magic Puddles Update for June 2013
Greetings from Magic Puddles!
When Vijji and me started Magic Puddles 8 years back, our primary objective was to create a space for children where learning can truly be fun-filled and meaningful for all of us. Thanks to the support that we have received from all of you and from the team that we have worked with, Magic Puddles has grown over the years - both in the content of the programs and in the number of children. Both of us have also grown as individuals in our work and this has in turn shaped our thoughts over the years.
At present, we find in-depth, extended work with a smaller group of children most appealing and would like to steer our work in Magic Puddles towards this direction. The different nature of work that we have done in our morning and afternoon program so far has given us some concrete insights into the shape of this new consolidated school program.
Given this context, we have some new exciting plans that we like to share with you:
- Starting June 2013,
- we are moving back to our JP Nagar centre near the Mini Forest. Here we will be offering one consolidated school program for 3 to 6 year olds which will be from 0900 AM to 0300 PM. There will also be a playgroup program for 2 year olds which will be from 0900 AM to 1200 Noon.
- the program would be aimed at ensuring that while children acquire age appropriate skills in terms of literacy, math and physical development, the learning is addressed in a more holistic manner and is meaningful as well as fun-filled for the children.
- given these objectives, we would like to work with a much smaller group – and are looking at working with not more than 45 children in this new structure.
- day care will be available for these children (if required) after the school gets over till 0530 PM.
- for current parents who are exploring options of continuing with us and if your child will be in either the Nursery, LKG or UKG class in June 2013, you are welcome to be part of the above program.
- for current parents, if your child is under 3 years of age and you were looking at continuing in Magic Puddles for the next academic year, we will offer a shorter version of the new consolidated school program which will go on till 1200 Noon.
- Given this format,
- this year, we are offering a shorter Summer Camp in our current centre which will go on through April 2013.
- We also wanted to clarify that,
- we are not offering a Summer Camp or Day Care program for the month of May 2013.
- starting June 2013, we will not be offering any programs from our BTM centre.
- starting June 2013, we will not have an Afternoon Activity Club Program in our JP Nagar centre.
We are truly excited about exploring new ways of learning along with your children – looking forward to loads of fun, excitement, learning and magic in the times to come with you and your young ones!
Warm Regards, Ravi Chari | +91 988 67 000 67 | email@example.com